Wednesday, August 1, 2007

waking up for day two

Salt water is not delicious! Here I am again, drinking 32oz of salt water. I do not drink 32 oz of anything, let alone this crap. So again I am closing my eyes and thinking soup broth. That helps. My girlfriend was feeling very proud of herself last night having completed day one. I am of the opinion that we have not even started the difficult part yet. I would imagine that day one your body is still happy living off the stored calories. You just ate like twelve hours ago. Come day four or five, when you are far from the shore of mastication, your stomach is a gurgling fist and you have the bowel and bladder control of an eighty year old. Then we see what we are made of. As I type here I am almost half way through my breakfast. I am excited to see results though. I have heard of people dropping up to thirty pounds on this thing. I am not in it for the weight loss, but when I see my stomach muscles again I will not be complaining. The health benefits are untold. This diet helps soothe ulcers, cure allergies, clear skin, not to mention revitalize kidneys livers and colons. Apart from that, it provides an exercise in monastic discipline. Your cravings go away. Your cravings for smoke, drink, junk food. They melt away. You must be ready though, mentally. There is no forcing your way. It must be something you want. I sound like I am selling AmWay or something. Ha, anyway, after reading the book it just made sense to me. When something feels right, I am all the way into it.

No comments: