Sunday, March 2, 2008

day two -- again


Ladies and Gentlemen,
Though very few of you count as gentle. Your dear Narrator is apprehensive at best, trepidatious if you will. I sincerely do not want to cleanse again. The feeling is all too evident as I sit here about to take my first sip of the thirty two ounce pelagic beverage that sits to my right.
However this must be done. If only as a symbol. A symbol of the full movement away from the needs and temptations of this modern world of convenience. This gesture will say that what is needed, what is best, comes not of convenience but of sacrifice and determination. There. I took my first gulp of the maritime libation. Not as bad as I had it in my mind to be. An analogy perhaps for all yearnings of the spirit. The leap--never worthy of all the fear you subscribe to it.


---N

No comments: