Thursday, March 6, 2008

day six - march 6


Well hello,

So the march continues. A question was posed to me today. Is the cleanse more difficult the second time around. I think it was more difficult to start this time. I also think it is easier to maintain. Drawing on past experience gives you the ability to have exact expectations. That being the reason for both. You know what you are getting yourself into, the waves of weariness, the bouts of hunger etc. That makes dealing with it more manageable. Giving up all forms of food, voluntarily, is initially more trouble the second go around.
So I have been skipping the saltwater during the week. Still having no troubles evacuating, to put it lightly. The toilet closely resembles an abstract expressionists' rendition of charlie brown's tee-shirt when I am through. Thanks to the fact that I have been keeping up the laxative tea each night, which tastes like licorice. That has kept me feeling a faint mix of nausea/diarrhea in the mornings just after arriving at work. Lucky that it waits, and that I have a fairly accessible bathroom situation. Otherwise, I would be sliding into home with pants full of foam, as the olde jingle goes.
All in all I am going strong. The hardest part is seeing ready to eat food. Like lets say, a banana.
Your body is hungry, so your mind and body see the food make the connection and give you the impulse to reach grab eat. Fighting that innate impulse is the most difficult. Telling your body, yes every time we were hungry for the past twenty-eight years we would eat to slake it. This time however you are wrong mind/body. You are wrong. Go back into your corner with your stored up carbohydrates and your stomach growls. Hey! Mind/Body! Don't forget your lemonade!

That's right mind/body.................don't forget your lemonade.


still going strong.......6 down..........14 to go.


---N

No comments: